The good folks at Lynda.com are offering a limited time (July 28 – Aug. 10), no charge opportunity for everyone to experience one of their great filmmaking courses: Fundamentals of Video: Cameras and Shooting. The course is taught by veteran filmmaker, Anthony Q. Artis – the author of the “Shut Up and Shoot…” filmmaking guides and an instructor at NYU Film School. The length of the course runs just shy of 3 hours (2:58:00) and is appropriate for all skill levels of filmmakers. All you have to do to get this free access is go to their Facebook tab here and “Like” them.
Here’s the synopsis of the course from Lynda.com:
- Exploring the different types of video cameras
- Understanding how to focus
- Shooting with shallow depth of field
- Understanding exposure
- Using ND filters to correct overexposure
- Using gain to brighten an underexposed shot
- Choosing the right shutter speed
- White-balancing a shot
- Working with a tripod
- Shooting handheld
- Using a boom microphone
- Setting up a 4-point lighting scene
- Using corrective gels
You can watch the course’s introduction video here (00:03:04).