Cameo is the latest addition to the video plus social networking app market. As with every new release into this crowded marketplace – users will ask (in a whining voice) – what’s new and different than Vine, Instagram, YouTube Capture, and all the others? Answer: A lot! First, Cameo vids are cloud based – all videos are stored in the Cloud (for free). It does not use the space in your phone (unless you want the final product to be there). Nice, but what else you got? Cameo allows users to shoot 720p HD (mp4 format) videos on their iPhones or iPads (requires iOS 7) with up to three friends – giving users the ability to collaborate, in real time. They also have a fully functional editing suite and a library of effects like 16 and 35mm, colors and themes like Luminous, Analog, Pop, Chromatic, and much more.
Users can make 2 minute short films with 6 second clips at a time (this gives Vine veterans the skill-set to expand their limited 6 second creations). You can also trim the 6 sec clips to utilize the most relevant parts and edit them all together.
Check out their intro video:
- Unlimited video creation
- Free professional-grade effects and fonts
- Film in real-time with friends
- Instantly share on Cameo as well as Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr
- 720p HD video is embeddable on any website or blog
- Save HD videos to your phone so you can upload to YouTube, Vimeo, or Instagram
- Cloud storage so video clips don’t take up space on your phone
- Follow friends and other creators
- Like and comment on each other’s Cameos
–from official Cameo page on Apple iTunes App store.